Thursday, March 30, 2006

Those annoying sales people!

Yesterday my cell phone decided to not show anything anymore.

Since I use my cell phone for my home based costume renting business, I urgently needed a replacement. My old phone was a Nokia 5110. On my way home on the train, I spoke with somebody who mentioned that he could organise me a phone within a few days.

In the evening, I had to pick up two friends of mine from work and drop them off at their homes. The last person that I dropped off mentioned that he has an old phone at his place which he is willing to sell to me for a low price. It turned out to be the exact same phone model as I have been using so far.

Today I sent that person from the train yesterday an SMS, just to tell him not to bother looking for a phone since I got a replacement.

A bit after that he phoned, trying to sell me a SIM card with 50% discount on calls. I hardly phone anybody, and I prefer to send an SMS, since those are short and sweet. He was really trying to get my ID number and bank details, but he never even mentioned the company name. The ID number that I reluctently gave him, he got wrong. The bank details I told him that I cannot give them to him right away since I have to look them up first. He suggested that I should get somebody from accounts quickly to give me my bank details. At that point in time I had enough and told him I will send the details by SMS later. Since he was then trying to get the details right during that call because that was being recorded and the bank had to listen to the call.

During that phone call I was busy with work and not actually interested sicne that whole issue was forced upon me. That SMS never went.

Moral of the story: Don't try to force or corner somebody into a sale if that person did not request it. This is what gives so many sales people and call centers such bad names.

No comments:

Post a Comment