Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hectic chaotic week

This week is just all kinds of things going on:

On Monday I suffered the after-effects of a previous train strike and a weekend of people renting costumes from me. My father and his fiancé also came for a visit.
Work was hectic as usual.

Tuesday nothing was going right at work, due to mail and network problems. Some of these issues might be related to the power failures still going on and new staff members. More issues with people wanting to rent costumes which are supposed to be coming back that day, but were brought back late. I also had to go past the library and get a lot of laundry sorted. My father and fiancé came again.

Wednesday (today): More connectivity issues at work. Some main router somewhere wasn't working. Most of the ADSL traffic for Cape Town goes through that router. More phone calls from people looking for costumes. They were on their way to my place, but didn't bother reading my opening times. Somebody even enquired about taking costumes to Langebaan and sending it back by courier.

This evening I am trying to get some costumes to someone for repairs, but it seems like I can only take some, due to the rest being requested by other people and I won't get them back on time from repairs. This morning somebody was supposed to drop off costumes, but I suspect they did not make it on time due to traffic jam.

The rest of the week will most likely be much of the same chaos. Somewhere I am still trying to get some sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment