Thursday, October 06, 2005

Yet another costume to repair

After getting my deluxe Chewbacca costume back from when it was rented recently, it looked all fine from the outside. As usual, it was put into the washing machine. After taking it out, I discovered that the seam started seperating at the one arm, but that is only really noticeable from the inside and not from the outside. Now I am wondering if the washing machine wasn't maybe a bit too full, and the washing cycle could have caused that damage. That will be easy to fix, but it will cost me some time and money.

I have realised lately, that a lot of my costumes really are just meant to be used a few times, but I knew that in any case. Many have paid themselves off already, but many more still need to be rented. Maybe it is time to go to stage two and slowly get some better quality costumes which should hopefully last longer. Cheap buying is sometimes expensive buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment