Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Yahoo! Messenger problems

Lately I have had some really annoying problems with Yahoo! Messenger: I use it at home on occasions, and usually sign out (as I did the last couple of days). At the office out of some strange reason, I get a message, saying that I am already signed in on another computer then I cannot sign in. After that, the application crashes. Signing in at hoem usually works with no problems, provided that my internet connection from my dial-up 56K modem actually works. The help section on Yahoo is absolutely no help at all for that topic, but everything else is covered. Downloading the Messenger was a pain to begin with.

MSN Messenger gives similar nonsense with the usual excuses of checking the proxy and firewall settings. In the meantime, every protocol has got access to the outside from any application on any of the platforms that we use at the office. At least the web based version of MSN Messenger works.

ICQ is to some major extend also a pain, since it always wants to start in the middle of the screen, and even when not set, it automatically adds itself to the start-up of Windows. This all makes me sooooo happy indeed... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment