Friday, October 14, 2005

Crashing computer harddrives

Yesterday was a lot of bad stuff going on with faulty and/or crashing harddrives of two different computers. One of our major servers at a hosting company had a hardware failure. The server is currently getting everything reinstalled and restored. This kind of problem comes with daily wear and tear, can happen if components start getting old.

After my clients left in the evening, I went to a friend's place to fix a network problem, which turned out to be a lot of problems due to a partially faulty harddrive. My friend is yet again at some rehabilitation. His wife has apparently already been to eleven of those, but has excapted out of most of them.

The drive at my friend's place is slowly dying, once that has happened the entire system needs to be properly reinstalled. My friend used to have an Aplle Mac for many year. When that machine got old, the harddrive died horribly according to what I was told.

No comments:

Post a Comment