Thursday, August 25, 2005

USB modem issues

Two days ago, my SmartLink USB modem started with issues where from my two USB 1.1 ports at the front of the PC it could not dial out anymore and the sounds are very distorted. The modem still functions fine using the USB 2.0 port at the back and then the sound is right except for the volume being a bit low. Maybe there is something faulty with the front USB ports, or Windows decided to give issues. I also tried to get my modem working in Linux, but the documentation is a bit wrong on how to set it up. The modem drivers don't work when SMP (Symetrical Multi Processor) support is compiled into the kernel. After recompiling the kernel and recompiling the modules, I got this nice error messge: Invalid Module Format
The recompiling was supposed to rebuild the module, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I will retry again later this evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment