Tuesday, August 02, 2005

An evening spent in a Spider-Man costume

The recent in had a costume party as the main event with lots of people. For the evening I wore a two-piece high quality Spider-Man suit, which covered me from top to bottom.

The first issue of course would be that everybody is looking at me and finding my outfit/costume choice amusing. fortunately that wore off quickly as the evening progressed. Some people tried to take my mask off, some asked me politely to see how I looked like underneath the mask. Others thought they knew me, just to discover that they have never seen me before. :)
Those that did know me, didn't actually recognise me until I showed them who I was.

Something that is never mentioned in comic books or movies is the fact when there is light shining onto the material covering the eyes, is that the wearer of the costume cannot see much.

One lady wanted to lift up my mask, and ended up giving me a kiss similar as in the first Spider-Man movie. Later in the evening, I met two ladies for photo shoots that I have met in the previous year for photo shoots.

Fortunately it was winter, so I did not get too hot in the costume, but being on the dance floor did start causing a bit of heat.

Since that costume is a high quality, it allowed for a lot of flexibility. To be able to drink or eat, I always had to lift up the mask and then lower it afterwards.

Somebody said that I have a tight butt, later some people thought it was funny to grab me from behind. Last year when I was dressed in a Batman costume, they threw the cape over my head and thought that was funny. This happened to a friend of mine as well. Some people just want to have fun at the expense of other people, instead of having fun together with other people.

Generally it was a great evenig and the costume is great, even though it cost me a great fortune to get it, since the costume wasn't cheap and customs is charging a lot. Photos of the evening should soon be available from and there are some in the gallery section of my website from the 2005 promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment