Monday, August 15, 2005

Slow day, photos, hospital issues and more

Today is yet again another slow day at the office. Normally the day goes fast. I was expecting rain this morning due to the heavy rain last night and the predicted rain today, but that did not happen. Normally when there is rain, the intelligence level of the drivers in the morning traffic jam gets reduced based on the amount of rain coming down and the amount of water lying around. This seems to be a recurring phenomenon :)

The photos of Matieka (annual German carnival in Stellenbosch) are finally available at www.fokus.co.za. First I went to the actual event in Stellenbosch, then I went there a week later again to check if the photos are available, just to find only a few. Last Saturday, I went there again, just to find the same collection. Today finally the website is showing the entire collection of photos. Now I have to wait for a friend before I can start ordering photos.

My father is finally walking a bit, but he canot properly stand, so he needs to be supported for everything. He won't like the idea of crutches, but then again, his arms will most likely not be able to support his weight, since they are in the same condition as his legs. He seems to realise now finally, that he won't be able to do the work that he used to do. The options of what he can do are very slim, since he doesn't want to do desk work, and I cannot imagine him working in most shops. His age also counts against him.

Today, finally the first client has asked for an RSS news feed. I am surprised it took this long, but that is not an issue, since there are already working implementations available on live sites.

Yesterday a potential client wanted to have a list of sites that I have worked on. Most of the more than 100 websites, I cannot even list, since I haven't done the actual design, I cannot list those.

A friend of mine had the following interesting new ideafor an organisation: Liberal Garden Gnome Society
The actual description would be somebody who is not allowed to smoke in the house, and stands outside in the garden somewhere smoking a cigarette.

No comments:

Post a Comment