Friday, August 25, 2006

I made a mistake yesterday

Yesterday, somebody sent a person to pick up a costume which was apparently booked but not marked on my website as being booked. The costume was out at the time, because it wasn't previously marked so that I could rent it out to whoever wanted it. Apparently this person phoned me sometime last week, but I could not remember the telephone call at all. I do get a lot of phone calls on a daily basis while I am working at the time. A telephone conversation from one week ago is ancient history what me concerns, since there have been so many things happening since then. A reminder beginning of the week would have been good, or an email, so that I can mark the costume on my website as booked and for which date. Normally I check through my emails on a daily basis and do this processing, so that things like yesterday do not happen.

To whoever got disappointed last night, as I said to you one the telephone: I do apologise for what has happened.

On another note: There are a couple of cases when people book costumes, by either email, telephone or coming in person and then I never hear from them again. At some poitn in time, when a specific costume is requested by multiple people, and I haven't heard from those people for a long time, I have to make a decision if I will allow it to be rented out, when time is running out. In many cases, the people who book costumes do not want to leave contact details, and I cannot always chase everybody either.

No comments:

Post a Comment