Thursday, August 24, 2006

78 hours world record spinning event

For four days this last weekend (18 to 21 August 2006), a charity/fund raiser spinning event took place upstairs at N1 City in Cape Town (South Africa).

If officially recognised, the event will be the new Guinness World Record for spinning (two people alternating). The last record was 72 hours and 15 minutes. This new one is at 92 hours (if officially recognised).

I was one of the sponsors, I took part in the spinning (more than one hour), and I helped out at the event as well (dressed in my Spider-Man suit and posing for photos).

After spending four days for several hours at that event, and most of those in costume, I have had enough. The constant attention by everybody is tiring. I had a chat with lots of people. Some were sponsors, some were participants and some just spectators.

After going to my gym (Planet Fitness was one of the sponsors), I realised, that it is easier to walk with hardly any clothing on through the dressing room to the showers, than it is to walk in a public place in a noticeable costume. I was really glad, that I had a mask on.

The three weeks before this event, I was in that same suit downstairs at Mugg & Bean every Saturday for five to six hours. Those Saturdays were there to lead up to the event, and to do some fundraising for the six year old Leukaemia patient. Mugg and Bean was a big sponsor of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment