Thursday, September 29, 2005

Weird phone calls

This morning is stuffed full of the strangest phone calls available.

First somebody phoned me from Secunda (on the other side of the country), just to rent some of the costumes that I rent out from home. Later I got a written confirmation from that person with some horrible colourscheme and font. The text was all uppercase and in attorney-speak.

Finally at the office, it was raining phone calls for Metropolitan (insurance company), JunkMail and Cape Ads (that is another story on its own) and some other strange things. I am in the internet business and haven't got anything to do with these other companies.

The Cape Ads/JunkMail story evolved to another level:
The 082 number that they have for their Adhotline is not controlled by Telkom (I phoned and asked about that and they said I should phone Vodacom), Vodacom tells me that the number is invalid. When I phoned the number, the call doesn't end up anywhere. How some people get through to our 021 number is a total mystery.
Slowly but surely these calls for Cape Ads/JunkMail all the time is becoming an annoyance.

No comments:

Post a Comment