Saturday, July 11, 2009

Harddrive partition suddenly gone, doing recovery

I tried some odd software to see it it has the option to resize a partition. At this point in time I was just looking, not doing anything. This software decided to go and kill my partition, or at least make it not usable by the operating system, and it installed itself as bootloader. To make matters worse, its partitioning part just brings up a grey screen and a lot of drive activity with no indicator about what is going on. This tool is called VCOM Partition Commander version 8. Some people tell me it works fine when you boot it off a CD (provided we are talking about the same tool here). At this point in time, I do not want to take more risks of losing more data.

Last night I started the data recovery process using R-STUDIO network edition. It scanned the files all fine for recovery purposes, but unfortunately cannot recover the structure and proper filenames.

No comments:

Post a Comment