Friday, June 26, 2009

Walking from Kensington to Monte Vista in the rain

Two days ago, I had the fun and joy of falling asleep on the train and getting off two stations too early. The station that I got off at was called Kentemade which is in the Kensington suburb. The station looks nearly identical to the Monte Vista station that I normally get off at. The train stopped there and I woke up, both sides looked more or less correct based on what I could see. This was the last train for the evening. By the time I realised the station was wrong, the train was moving again.

After that story, I neded up walking toward Voortrekker road to head in the direction of Monte Vista, but I had to pass Facreton first and then through Vasco suburbs. Kensington itself can be a maze, especially at night. After many wrong turns, I finally got to Voortrekker road, then the rain started.

Much walking later with the rain coming and going, I finally reached Vasco, then heavy rain hit. Fortunately that was the last on the route. Since I was running about 40% of the route, the entire trip took 1 hour and 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment