Monday, November 24, 2008

Gaming Sunday afternoon with Company of Heroes

This last Sunday afternoon, I met with two friends to play some LAN games. In this case we finally wanted to get Company of Heroes - Opposing Fronts up and running. The last attempt several weeks ago was a failure.

Since we started quite late in the afternoon, we only managed to get in two games and then it was already past midnight. On normal difficulty the computer already gave us a hard time. I was virtually a beginner on this, but I was not doing too badly and had some fairly good stats at the end. My friends sometimes play the game on insane difficulty.

In the second game at least six vehicle overran my base and nearly forced me out of the game. Not having all builds together helps and having engineers spread out helps as well. One friend came to help me out with his rangers while the other one was trying to eliminate one of the three enemy bases. It took a while, but we turned the mess around and gained ground. I managed to get anti-tank cannons up and running which later on actually gained veterancy.

In single player I would not play this game, but multiplayer is another matter. It is nowhere near as bad as Dawn of War.

No comments:

Post a Comment