Monday, September 17, 2012

A very casual gamer view of what is wrong with Guild Wars 2

English: Picture of Guild Wars 2 Français : Im...
English: Picture of Guild Wars 2 Français : Image de Guild Wars 2 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Recently I got hold of Guild Wars 2. Notably I have very little time for playing games and never seriously got into solo farming in the first Guild Wars game due to slow connection and the whole grind for not getting much. I have played Guild Wars for roughly four years, but it got rather stale for me. These days I have far less time and patience.

Yesterday, I finally got my first character to level 8. In the new personal story system (I like the idea), I so far had two cases of encountering a character in the instances that I cannot possibly beat even when I try repeatedly. I do not have the patience to try this kind of thing ten times with the same outcome. For me that seriously starts putting me off a game and even getting close to uninstall if the situation cannot be solved. The previous game also had some rather annoying and partially stupid quests which were easy for the hardcore gamers that live these games.

What does not help in the instances is that the character gets adjusted to the difficulty of the area which is normally fine when you are a high level character in a starter area. In this case it makes the situation impossible to overcome. End result: My interest for Guild Wars 2 already had two knocks and I have not even bothered trying to create other characters because I know that I will encounter more quests like that.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment