Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Clown costume fun

Recently I got various new costumes for my home based costume renting business. The problem was yet again that packaging photos promise too much and then various people are disappointed in the end. Also scanning in the packaging photo was not a great idea, the same with taking a photo of the packaging and then scaling it down for the website. Details from the packaging photo will be lost either way. The best way around this was if I wore the costume myself and took multiple photos.

As per usual, I did photos of the costume from the front, side and back. Since i did not want my face for those photos as well and my face would not have been the most ideal to go with the costume, I used a mask and some clown wig. It became at this point in time a lot of fun to do different poses and during the process, I happen to see how completely different I looked in the mirror. It was for me quite difficult to believe that the clown in the mirror was actually me in a suit. In the end I recorded a short video as well of just walking around a little bit in the room. The effect on a small video is not quite like in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment