Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Red Alert 3 Battle nearly lost

Last night I was busy on a 6 player map in Red Alert 3 with 3 teams of 2 players each. All others were computer players and I was sitting in a nasty location. The team I was using was Empire of the Rising Sun which does not have any anti-air troops, but several anti-air vehicles. A lot of their defenses and vehicles have toggle modes depending on what is needed. Power generators is a weak spot. It helps to build walls around the ore refinaries to prevent group forces from causing any real damage. The V4 of the soviets shoots over those.

In the battle last night my resources got cut off. Fortunately, I had one depleted ore harvesting spot left and a good base defense with garrisoned buildings from the beginning of the game when all players were still present. The medium computer player on my side was a good help. Yuriko was of good use to take out two enemy bases. Since there is a limitation to the number of replays that Red Alert 3 can store, I did not store the replay for later viewing.

1 comment:

  1. I just started playing red alert 3 yesterday. Your tips were very helpful. I like the allies better. But when I play me against 3 computer medium ( they are all on one side ) Yuriko is a pain. :)

    ReplyDelete