Wednesday, May 10, 2006

FCBD 2006 Report

This year, the Free Comic Book Day 2006 (FCBD 2006) was more busy than last year. Just like in the last year, I was dressed as Spider-Man and helped with the event at the Readers Den in Claremont, Cape Town.

The number of people attending are estimated between 700 and 800. The shop was packed for the first prize draw. A lot of people stood outside as well. I ended up mixing the number, while the other two dressed as Batman and Supergirl picked a random number. They also randomly selected amongst each other about who is going to pick a number. The problem with numbers on papers is, that sometimes they don't easily mix well.

I got dragged into a lot of photos. Many kids were asking me odd questions. If next year is anything like this year, then I will have to stay there longer, until nearly the end of the shop opening hours.

The event turned out to be very well attended and lots of fun. Not everybody wanted to stay around for the prize draw at 12, so that turnout was lower. At 3PM, all of the free comics were gone (first time in five years that this happened).

I don't know yet if I will be there again next year in the same costume or a different one, but I am planning to be there again. The discounts on some products were great.

No comments:

Post a Comment