Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Electricity issues, tenants and car towing fun

The variety power blackouts in Cape Town and the Western Cape are becoming more fun (not!). Work is being hampered, traffic chaos is happening (people letting their aggression out in traffic [very childish behaviour]).

Yesterday evening, I was waiting for people who wanted to look at Star Wars costumes which they need for the 18th of March 2006. Apparently my website was the only one applicable for South Africa, and Cape Town in this case. That bunch was quite a cheerful lot and easy to chat with. Obviously their decisions about what costumes they wanted wasn't final, since there is still lots of time left.

Some time after they left, I helped my father and his fiancé to clear out some of the stuff lying in front of some thirty year old BMW that we wanted to have towed that evening. I still have stains on my hands from that old engine oil. I did wash my hands twice and had a shower, some of the spots are still there. The towing vehicle came later to move the BMW.

We also chatted about removing the washing machine, so that the tenants realise, that they are not welcome there any more. They did receive the eviction notice, but there has never been a proper rental contract. The washing machine was and never is included with renting out a house, unless explicitly specified.

Since the tenants also don't pay for all of the electricity used, I will organise some candles and wait until the electricity runs out again, then I will wait. It is not right, that I have to pay some of their electricity since they always seem to have money problems. They have only paid part of the rent last month and none this month. Unfortunately there is only one pre-paid electricity meter for the yard, and this need to be changed as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment