Monday, January 09, 2006

Back from vacation

Late on Saturday, 7 January 2006, I returned from my three week vacation in Namibia to visit family and friends. The trailer behind the bus lost a wheel and was scraping on the road for quite a while. This caused a delay of three hours.

The heat was only 36 degrees in the shade which is normal for that time of the year.
Once the raining season started with Christmas, there was quite a bit of flooding. It was the typical scenario: Most of the eyar not enough rain, and when it comes, it really comes too much.

Yesterday (Sunday, 8 Januar 2006) I went to visit a friend of mine for the latest updates. I also fetched my costumes from him, which I rented out shortly before I left. The people renting the costumes were instructed to drop them off at his place. The Spider-Man suit was rented for a birthday party to surprise a child (the cousin of the father was wearing the suit). The Catwoman costume was rented for the Mother City Queer Project (MCQP) costume party which apparently was quite a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment