Monday, July 19, 2004

Weekend laning issues

This previous weekend was another bad disaster, first on my PC the profiles were gone, after a few moemory dumps, one minute reboots (lsass related) and other issues.
I checked for virues, found none, no spyware, and no other weird stuff sitting on my PC. Currently I am suspecting hardware. I even checked for a lot of common viruses which the virus scanners don't pick up. At 2AM, I decided to reinstall Windows and fell asleep, so I continued that in the morning. At around 12 I had all the basic stuff installed, so I started getting ready to visit my possinle future brother in-law for a LAN party/session. Many hours of UT2004 later, I got my PC into my car and tried to start the car: nothing. The lights still worked, so I thought it could be the starter. Since there was a downhill, I could easily get the car started in the second gear, and drove home. At home, the car did start since there was still a charge in the battery. The next day it wouldn't start again, so I checked the battery water which was quite empty. After filling that I hooked up the battery charger and continued with the hardware installation of my PC while waiting. At least now the car starts fine. In the afternoon I drove to a friend to continue on Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction on Hell difficulty. Then I discovered that my most recent saved characters are gone, so I had to replay a short piece, due to my frequent backups. This evening I still have to install the modem, tv tuner card and Linux.