Wednesday, July 14, 2004

The under construction darkness tunnel

The fun continues at the new chemical engineering building at the UCT since the building still needs to be completed. I got there early for the usual CLUG meeting and somebody tried to set the light so that they don't blind everybody. After pressing a few non-functioning and non-descripted buttons, there was a delay, and then the room was suddenly pitch black.
Later once the talk about tunneling with Linux started, the lights wouldn't respond at all, so we all ended up being blinded rather nicely.
I head something very interesting about the major overhead of Microsoft's PPTP, which explains why my already slow dial-up internet connection is so slow, due to the huge amount of wasted bandwidth.
Another thing to note is that after two years I finally got some piece of clothing that I ordered a while ago. Good quality always takes times.

B. K. E.