Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Damage report

Things went wrong yesterday ater coming back from the CLUG meeting at the UCT.
First my one PC was dead. My second PC and my father's television were on, which meant there was a power failure, since both were supposed to be off.
The dead PC is still dead, it had lots of dust, the Power Supply might have blown again.

After that discovery the toilet sewage pipe was blocked again. It was blocked last week already. It turns out, that the place where the five toilet pipes come together has got a hole at the bottom, where toliet paper gets stuck. Fortunately only the toliet paper get stuck and not the stinky stuff.

After cleaning out that mess, I had a long fight with my modem from the dead PC. The modem used to have problems where the ine wasn't always picked up properly. A few years ago, its speaker died as well. In Linux the modem was easier to control, in Windows I just had a major fight with it last night. After finally managing to dial out, the hardware always dropped the line. This means I need to finally get a new modem.

B. K. E.