Thursday, February 25, 2010

Barefoot running on tar road in Cape Town

Yesterday evening I decided to run to the train station from work. I ended up running barefoot (no shoes on). The idea was to see what the difference was compared to having shoes on that can slow me down due to weight. The other plan was to also get my feet used to that kind of thing for excercise reasons. On fairly smooth road surfaces this works fine, but I do not want to do this on a rough road surface.

The detour from work to the train station due to locked gate, ended up being my new best time for that route and I managed to get to the train on time. Then I switched over to another train. Once I got off there, I started doing the same running again because of clients and I had to cover 2.6 kilometers. After a big more than 1 kilometer, my feet started complaining a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment