Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Rip van washing line

Last night there were some strange sounds outside. First I thought it was somebody walking around at 10PM at night and really nearbywhere I am staying. The lack of footsteps tossed out that thought shortly after, since that would have been clearly heard. Then I suspected a cat that tends to come for visits, but that would never be so noisy.

In the end it turned out that the seperate noises which I heard were the individual strings of the washing line finally breaking. Tying up the strings wasn't a problem, but I just didn't have the strength or weight to get it back onto the same spot. At that hour, I didn't want to take everything that wasn't mine off, try and get the line up there with that lack of light, and then hang up everything again.

No comments:

Post a Comment