Thursday, October 21, 2004

Hard drive death and Windows XP SP2 sound card driver problems

Yesterday my 27 Gb hard drive died. Since I was expecting this to happen sooner or later, I got another drive ready. Since I could risk installing SP2 on that PC, I went ahead with that.
Then I found, that SP2 is giving issues with my Sound Maker Live 5.1 drivers. Those drivers cannot install, which means that I cannot use my sound card, which means that I cannot use my TV tuner card, which means that I have to install an older version of Windows just to watch television, or use Linux to do that, which means that I will not be able to use the remote with the infrared port. Currently affording new hardware is going to have to wait several months at least, and software is generally even more expensive than hardware.

No comments:

Post a Comment